Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Mark and I purchased our very first full size (and real!) Christmas tree last Friday. Holy giddy school girl, I was jumping around the tree lot (and our back patio) I was so excited. I love it and I'm quite certain I'm going to cry when we take it down. I'll blame it on the baby. They had a crazy good selection of firs and pines and it took all of 3 minutes to find the one we wanted to take home. We chose a 9 foot Michigan-grown Fraser fir.While Mark dressed the tree in white lights, I did a little bit of decorating. Not too much really. I put the beaded wreath I made several years ago on our front door. And I made a little arrangement of berry stems, a Method peppermint vanilla candle and some Hershey kisses, on a tray complete with pinecones for the dining table. Simple simple.Our tree will be decorated sans ornaments this year. Morgan has been a very good girl, touching the tree very gently, saying "tree" and "star" (at the tree topper), "snow" (at the sheepskin tree skirt) and "wah-wah" (at the tree base when we water the tree each night). Then we went to visit Kristin and Troy last weekend and all she wanted to do is bat their ball ornaments (you know how she loves balls!). That was all the proof I needed to know that ornaments would be a bad idea this year. And I'm not doing that whole 'just decorate the top half' business. Our tree looks perfectly perfect with just lights. We are also ready for plenty of winter fires. When Linda and Nick came down last weekend to start demolition on the house, they brought a bunch of firewood with them. Sweetness! It came at a good time too because we burned through a bit of it after losing our power for about 36 hours a couple days ago. I imagine we are going to be consuming a great deal of my favorite hot cocoa and popcorn these coming months.

Other than that, the Christmas cards have been sent, I've been listening to the Christmas station on Pandora and today, Morgan and I will be joining Kristin at my mom's to make Christmas cookies. I'm in the spirit!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love that beaded wreath! I think I need one just like it.

    ReplyDelete