Friday, December 11, 2009

5 favorites for Friday : Holiday Edition

Someday when my kiddies are older and "get" the whole holiday season, I want to make an advent calendar. I LOVE this idea and this one too.

I've been a crazy list maker the past couple weeks, so I can totally relate to
this post. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Speaking of lists, one of my to-do's today is to start wrapping gifts. I need to make some gift tags too. I have an idea up my sleeve, but if that doesn't work out, I may just resort to printing and punching out some of
these.

I was on a manhunt for simple modern stockings a few weeks ago but have sort of abandoned it for this year. Then I found
instructions for a felt one online. Duh, I can DIY. But first I need to sketch a template. And dig out the sewing machine. And ask Mark to build a mantle over our fireplace. You know, in his spare time.

I found the link to that stocking within this incredible
list of holiday craft ideas. You know, in all your spare time. You've got 2 weeks, so get crackin'.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Love your five favs; especially the little bird tags (so very cute) and holiday ideas list can really get you thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the advent book idea, I want to do that for Jack, but I need to find 24 Christmas books that are meaningful and focus on Jesus.

    Also, Ali Edwards has some really cute gift tags on Designer Digitals. Cathy Zielski posted them on her blog the other day, I think.

    And our stockings are necessarily modern, but simple, from Pottery Barn. Jack's is from PB kids.

    ReplyDelete