Thursday, November 19, 2009

Numbers Game

Just a couple fun tidbits about this week:

1. Mark and I started dating this week, 12 years ago! Holy Hannah - we were just a couple of kids back then, yeah? Mark proposed to me this day, 7 years ago. :)2. Yesterday was my 7 year anniversary at work. Pretty impressive (to me) considering what has gone down the last few years and the recent months. And considering I didn't think I would make it one year. Despite it all, I'm grateful for the wonderful relationships I've developed with a few special co-workers and customers.

3. The first trimester is over. Yippee! Bring on the energy, little baby! I am starting to feel (knock on wood) a little better and less barfy. Just sleeeeeeeepy. Poor Morgan - some nights after dinner I just crash on her playmat with her bear as a pillow and try to play with her before it's time for bed. She just giggles at me and says 'night-night' and will lay with me, for about 3 seconds. I'm ready for the exhaustion to go away any time now. I've got things to do.

Baby2 is about 3 inches long, crown to rump (the size of a peach), and is fully formed - arms, legs, fingers and toes! Our next appointment is Monday and we will get to hear the heartbeat for the first time. The BIG ultrasound will be just after the following appointment, around the end of the year.

On my to-do list for the rest of the week/end: Friday, I'm going to bust a move and make my Christmas cards. And since I have food on the brain, I want to make these granola bars too. Saturday, we are going to my parents house for dinner and to exchange names for our Secret Santa gifts this year. Just 5 weeks until Christmas, folks! I'm not sure if it's the new mommy in me or the new house but I'm really excited about it this year. Decorating, making food and cookies, finding a (huge!) tree and hanging ornaments, buying and wrapping gifts, and of course, watching Morgan's reaction to it all. We'll see how much of it I truly accomplish.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...12 years huh? Also didn't realize you started your current job the day before Mark proposed...a lot went on that week! I think you'll be pretty productive this next month or so. If I remember right from baby 1, you got lots of energy back and were busting a move getting things done! =) See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversaries! Nothing like children to get you ultra excited about Christmas. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete