Tuesday, November 24, 2009

let's get ready to gobble

Happy Turkey Week! And happy short work week!

Last weekend was great. We visited with my parents and Kristin and Troy and exchanged names for Secret Santa (twice, oops!) while Morgan terrorized their American Eskimo, Kodi. On Sunday, took a last chance trip to the cider mill with Mark's mom and step dad and stocked up on cider for the winter (since it was their last day of the season). They seemed pretty anxious to close because all of the outdoor play equipment was being hosed off and stored away. Bummer for Morgan, so, it was a short trip.

I had my 13 week appointment Monday afternoon and got to hear baby2's heartbeat - loud and strong - yeah baby! Everything seems to be going well, except my blood pressure was pretty high (140/100!). I'd like to attribute it to the fact that I waited almost an hour to see my doctor, but she wants to see me again next week to check. If it's for real, it could be from a number of things, like unnecessary stress that's been absorbing my brain just recently. We'll see what she says next week. Other than that, I am feeling 100% better. Wouldn't even know I'm pregnant, except for the bump.

While Mark is busy busting his ass at work this week, Morgan and I have had a couple of girls nights - dinner, dancing, coloring and lots of reading. We've been practicing drinking from a regular cup and she is doing great! At school, the teachers let them try pouring water from a pitcher into their cups. She's not so great at that.

For lunch on Wednesday, Morgan is having a pre-Thanksgiving feast, complete with turkey, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes and cinnamon apples. How cute is that? I hope she enjoys it, but I have my doubts. She's been an on-and-off super picky eater lately. She is highly opinionated and as soon as she sees something on her plate she doesn't like, she gets the most putrid (and hilarious) look on her face and says "eeeewwwww". On Sunday, her only decent meal was breakfast, but on Monday she ate all of everything that was offered to her. She seems to have a preference to brightly colored foods, like berries, edemame and pomegranate seeds. I also found some great sulfur-free dried fruit with sunflower seeds at Plum Market that she loves, as well as these dried vegetables. She devours the peas, or "balls" as she calls them. She is definitely declaring her independence.

So, that's it for now. I am very much looking forward to Thanksgiving and I hope everyone has a happy, safe and stuffed holiday.

3 comments:

  1. Although it wasn't right to laugh, her "eewwww" is HILARIOUS! I wonder if she realizes the "show" she is giving us when she does it...like she knows she's going to make us laugh. What a doll! Hope all is well with the blood pressure...keeping my fingers crossed and have a great turkey day in Lansing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We completley missed the last day of the cider mill, which is CRAZY because there were signs all over town! I am so bummed out.
    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the look......it's so funny. Keep us updated with your next doctor's appt. Enjoy the turkey & fixings and the extra long weekend.

    ReplyDelete