Monday, October 12, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!

Fun and relaxation ruled out productivity this weekend. Morgan and I were a bit under the weather last week so we stayed home on Wednesday, which meant my typical Friday-run-around-and-get-stuff-done-day was spent at work.
On Saturday morning we ran around trying to jam in some errands before lunch and naps so we could spend the afternoon at the Detroit Zoo. It was a little chilly, but so nice and sunny. Most of the animals were out and about and Morgan loved making noises at them. She didn't want to spend much time in her stroller and I'm pretty sure she thought the world was coming to an end when we walked by the playground and didn't stop to play. How dare we? After dinner we went to The Original Pancake House. Fantastic, as always.

Sunday was oh-so-lazy - between football, a late and brief nap and lots of playing. We head outside before dinner to do some yardwork and to organize the garage. Morgan helped me make dinner and just when Mark and I were talking about sneaking more veggies into her meals, she goes and asks for "more"...three times. Go figure!

I don't have much planned this week as far as to-do's. That way I won't be disappointed later when I didn't get anything done. The next 7 weekends are going to be full of plenty to do. Might as well be a bum while I can. Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. It must have been fun seeing the Zoo thru her eyes. Sounds like you had a great weekend. Hugs and kisses to Morgan for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to the zoo when it's cold...the animals are so active. Very cool photo!

    ReplyDelete