Friday, October 9, 2009

11 weeks and counting

until Christmas.

Yeah, I know. We haven't even gotten to Halloween or Thanksgiving yet, but this post made my jaw drop last Friday when simple mom started counting down. I'm all about having a plan, so this year I think I'm going to play along.

Week 12's project was to prepare your Christmas budget. We've had a general gift budget for several years now, so this one was pretty easy. This year I am going to take into account our new house and the fact that we've never had a full size Christmas tree (or lights, or ornaments). Other budget items included holiday food and cookies, cards, events and charity donations. Week 12 - done.

This week's project is to organize your mailing addresses for Christmas cards. Again, pretty easy. Week 11 - done.

What I'm going to do for Christmas cards is usually my annual struggle. My sister, Kristin, has been a Stampin' Up demonstrator for about a year now and is planning a Christmas card sneak peak workshop next Friday where we'll get to make 5 super cute cards (see below). Afterwards you just choose a design, order the kit and she'll do all the prep work for you. In November we'll get back together for a Christmas card making party where we'll have access to all of her stamps, inks and other goodies like her Big Shot die cutting machine (which I am dying to use). I think it's a pretty great way to get your cards made without feeling obligated to purchase an entire holiday stamp set that you may never use again. If anyone is interested in making their own Christmas cards, let me know and I'll pass along the details.
So, am I the only crazy one or is anyone else already thinking about Christmas?

3 comments:

  1. Nicole, you won't believe this but i'm 80% done with my shopping already. everybody has always called me last minute Linda when it came to christmas shopping. Just ask Mark he remembers wrapping presents on christmas eve for me for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cards, but ACK! No Christmas for me yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about Christmas a lot lately. Ever since September 25th. Seems like we have lots of time, but it goes very fast. Am looking forward to Kristin's get togethers and love that they're early. One less thing to do after Thanksgiving, as in the past. Can't say I'm as prepared as Grammy tho. 80% wow. I'm going to need some ideas first. If you haven't started yet, I will be wanting lists soon. :)

    ReplyDelete