Tuesday, May 5, 2009

11 Months Old

Morgan is 11 months old today...one more month till the big ONE! She is doing incredibly well, walking around everywhere and getting into everything.Yup, she climbed up into the refrigerator all by herself! She's starting to follow directions too, bringing us a toy or her socks, putting things back where they were, closing doors...you get the idea. Morgan gave me her first kiss last week and she almost knows how to blow kisses too. She puts her hand up to her mouth, now we're just working on the 'blowing' part. Plus, tooth #4 has popped through.

Morgan will likely be moving to the toddler room in the next few weeks, although I've already been instructed by her teachers that when the director tells us it's time that we are to reply with an assertive NO. They don't want her to go! And when she does move, we are supposed to start working on her replacement. HA HA! We'll get right on that.

Last Sunday was the beginning of our Adventures in Getting Shit Done At The House So We Can Move In and we got a few hours of errands and cleaning in. Mark changed the locks and cleaned up the garage and the yard while I scoured the kitchen inside and out. Morgan was a very good little helper too, picking up every little thing on the floors and bringing it to me, but not always before putting it in her mouth, of course. Last night we took delivery on our first lawnmower (a John Deere, baby!) and Mark cut the grass. Look at that sweet hat!
So, our plan is to clean up the house, install all the essentials that are missing (a washer and dryer would be nice, huh?), gradually pack up the condo and move it all to the house, unpack and get situated by the end of the month. With a lot of planning and a few playmates/babysitters/distractions for Morgan, we should be able to do it!

Consider yourself warned, as I anticipate my blog posting time is going to be slim-to-none the next few weeks. I will do my best with keeping pics updated though, so you can see our progress. If I'm not on for a while though, I probably got trapped under a pile of weeds. Speaking of which, is anyone up for a game of "Is this a weed or a flower?" because I'm clueless about this garden stuff. Guess now is as good a time as any to get my green thumb.

Here's to a productive month!

6 comments:

  1. Love the John Deere! Also, happy 92% of a year Morgan! I can't believe how fast a year goes by and all you have accomplished in this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have your hands full. I'm up for some bonding with my grand baby. Love the new pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I'm up for a game of "Is this a weed or a flower?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you guys have a moving weekend planned already? Maybe on a day Tim isn't working, we can get one of the many sets of grandparents to sit and we can help move you in. I can't wait to see the new digs!

    Love to the three of you!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THE JOHN DEER. THE APPLE DOESN'T FALL FAR FROM THE TREE DAVID. WHAT EVER YOU NEED YOU KNOW YOU CAN CALL ON ME. TOOLS, TRUCKS, TRAILERS, TIME JUST ASK. I'M NOT SCREAMING I'M JUST IN ALL CAPS TODAY.(BECAUSE I CAN)MORGAN LOOKS SO CUTE IN HER RED AND BLACK TIGHTS STANDING IN THE FRIG. IT LOOKS LIKE SHE HAS A CARTON OF BUTTER IN HER MOUTH.

    ReplyDelete