Thursday, April 30, 2009

5 Years

It doesn't feel like it was 5 years ago that Mark and I got married on a small beach in Hawaii. Ah, Hawaii. I think my sinuses would much rather be there right now. I've been looking at our pictures from the last 5 years and man, have we been busy!

Mark started graduate school right after we returned from Hawaii. Just 14 months later, he earned his masters degree and his thesis project won us a three week trip to Europe - Amsterdam, Berlin, Barcelona, Paris. We must have caught the travel bug there because since then we have been to Minneapolis, Portland Oregon, Seattle, New York City, Toronto and Chicago a handful of times.

We purchased and completely remodeled our first home. We helped flip another. Mark passed all 9 of his registration exams and officially became an architect. I was on the design team at my favorite scrapbook store. We purchased our second home (yeah, we closed yesterday!)

We became parents.

To my husband and my best friend, Happy Anniversary Mark.
I love you more than you'll ever know and I can't wait to see what the next 5 years have in store for us. =*

4 comments:

  1. That brings a tear to my eye! It's amazing how in just 5 years you guys have accomplished so much! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!! We are coming up on 5 years in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary kids. You sure have accomplished a lot in the last 5 years. I know i've said this before but i'm going to say it again. Morgan is such a lucky little girl to have the parents that she has. David thank you for such a beautiful daughter-in law and grand daughter. You are so fortunate. Life is good.xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, when you write it all down like that, it seems a little overwhelming. Here's to another great year. Dad and I are proud of both of you and are totally smittened with our little grand daughter. (P.S. I wouldn't mind being in Kauai right about now either.)

    ReplyDelete