Friday, April 3, 2009

5 favorites for Friday

I've got about a million things going on in my head right now, I need a serious brain dump of all these ideas. Ideas for the new house, ideas for Morgan's first birthday party, new spring and summer clothes, recipes, scrapbooking ideas, things to do, things to buy...yup, my head is going to explode.

Here are a few of my favorite things I found online this week:

I LOVE Girl Scout cookies and Samoas are my favorite. I'm kind of intrigued by this recipe for Homemade Samoa Bars. I haven't baked anything from scratch in a long time and I'm tempted to give these a shot.

SouleMama is a new blog I found. You mommies may get a kick out of this sweet (but long) story.

Elise Blaha has a workshop that starts on April 13. She is quite the creative cookie and she knows how to work a letterpress machine - something I dream of learning to do. I recently purchased a letterpress card to frame for Morgan's soon-to-be bedroom from her etsy shop.

Simple Mom is another fab blog. She's a hard core list maker and you know how I love my lists. Even though Morgan loves to spend time in the kitchen when we are making dinner, we obviously aren't at that stage yet where she is "helping" (other than helping make a big mess). Nonetheless, I still had to star this post about kids in the kitchen for future reference.

House Tours! I can't get enough of these either. Apartment Therapy is a fun site to browse if you are remodeling or redecorating. This Chicago house tour is way cool - reminds me a lot of our style and our condo (which is available by the way!) . Check out the slideshow if you just like to look at pictures.

I'm going to get back to lunch now and see if I can't catch up on the 1000+ items sitting in my Google Reader. Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Homemade Samoa Bars? You have got to be kidding!! Those sound delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprised to see another entry so soon. :) Will have to check out the links when I have more time. Hope everyone is as excited as I am that it is Friday P.M.

    ReplyDelete