Tuesday, November 18, 2008

How to Lose 5 Pounds in 24 Hours!

Two words: food poisoning. It's also a great way to ruin a perfectly good weekend! More about that later...

We were all greeted with fun boxes this weekend. After work on Friday, Mark got to open his birthday present and Morgan got a big box of goodies from Aunt Nancy.
She made Morgan this adorable fleece hat (in my favorite green) and got her the Gossie & Friends book series. It wasn't even a week ago that I was eyeing these books at Barnes and Noble and voila, now Morgan gets to enjoy them all! I can't get over the 'ears' on this hat. I don't know what it is about ears on little baby hats and hoodies. It just makes me smile. Thank you so much, Aunt Nancy! I can't wait for you to see Morgan...very soon I hope.

For dinner, Mark chose California Pizza Kitchen. Morgan managed to keep herself occupied while we enjoyed our pizza and drinks, since there was a little boy just 5 days older than her at the next table. It's hard to believe but I think very soon she is going to be ready for a high chair when we go out to eat. She's just got to be in the action.On Saturday we bummed around most of the day, as I was waiting for the FedEx man to deliver my very own package of scrapbook stuff. Woohoo! Not many people can get that excited about a box full of paper. Of course, he didn't show up until after 4pm, but at least Morgan was able to get in a couple good naps by then. For dinner, we chowed down on sushi. Then we stopped at Borders before turning in for the night.

Sunday morning, I had the pleasure of throwing it back up. The sushi that is. Not once, but twice. Not so tasty that way. Damn Philadelphia Roll. At least that is what I think it was. Mark and I shared a plate of sushi, but that was the one roll that I ate all of, except one piece. It didn't hit Mark until later that day, but that one piece left him exhausted and achy. And it left me in a state that I've never experienced before. Well, other than labor. So not fun. Luckily Morgan understood, so we napped.
Needless to say, I am still working on getting my appetite back. And my milk supply. Man did that take a hit. Morgan, on the other hand, must be gearing up for a big growth spurt because her usual 25-30 ounces a day were just not enough the last few days. She's wanted closer to 35-40 ounces! Eck! Perhaps this is another sign she is ready for solids? I think so. So, after being sick and Morgan's feeding frenzy - the freezer stash took quite a hit. I guess that's what it's there for, right?

In this last week, Morgan's new favorite things to do include shaking her blocks, banging things together and making lots of noise (at the top of her lungs no less!). Anyone else would think she is in excruciating pain, until you see the big gummy grin on her face. I think she just likes to hear herself talk!


That brings us to today. I am so looking forward to the short week next week. To Thanksgiving and visiting friends and family. And hey, to all of our Lansing peeps, we are planning on being in town on Friday and/or Saturday. If you want some company, let us know! Anybody? Anybody?

4 comments:

  1. Wow--that sucks. Being sick that is. Glad the rest of your weekend went well. Morgan is looking quite cute in her new hat. Take it easy and get some rest. Soon you'll be back to normal. (You need to get your appetite back for Thanksgiving. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. How cute she is. I just love the smile she has! It's funny how to some people her "talking" might sound more like shrieking, but really, she's just have a good ole' time. What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so sorry to hear you were sick. hope all is well now.i'm sure your busy getting morgans stash built back up again. looking forward to seeing you next weekend. if 'm the first to respond I think we get to see you double time.we love our cutie in her new hat. see you soon untill then take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read this. I am so behind on blogging since I am back at work. I need to update! And Tim needs to take more pictures. I am so sorry you got food poisoning! Yuck!

    Tim said you guys are probably going to stop by. I will be heading to Troy probably around 10:30 or so for a wedding shower, but hopefully will get to see you before that. I think that is what Tim said. No matter, atleast Brody and Morgan can see eachother! She is getting so big! SO CUTE!!!

    It is unbelievable how big Brody is now!

    ReplyDelete