Saturday, October 25, 2008

playing catch up

I know. I've been a slacker. Call it a combination of busy and lazy. Here's what has been going on.
(ETA: I've gotten tons of adoring comments on the sweet little hand-knit sweater that Morgan is wearing above. However, my slacker brain neglected to mention that this is the same sweater that I posted about here that Mark's Aunt Nancy made. Isn't it the cutest thing you've ever seen? My apologies Nancy, you are absolutely right! It's gorgeous and snuggly, just how we like it...thank you, thank you) Instead of hitting the cider mill like we have the past several Saturdays, this morning we walked down to the Farmers Market one last time this year. It was chilly and a little cloudy, but luckily the rain held out. We stopped at the post office, strolled through the farm stands and bought some corn, and I even got Mark to stop at Starbucks for a warm drink. A Pumpkin Spice Latte for me and Caramel Hot Chocolate for him. We crashed on the comfy chairs and relaxed for a while as Morgan napped.
At home, we read and played and rolled and rolled. Here is a little clip. Please excuse the crappy video. It's just the recorder mode on my camera and it's compressed for the internet. And my annoyingly squeaky mommy voice. It's not quite so bad in person. Just mute it.Morgan is doing awesome - growing more and more every day. She's trying so hard to sit up by herself, her attention span is increasing and she's holding her bottle on her own.
She knows her name when we call it and reaches for toys that have fallen. She is developing quite the little 'tude as well. She has mastered her pouty lip (yes, I know who she got that from) and uses it well when we take away something she shouldn't have. She loves story time, and of course, loves to put her books in her mouth. I tried to open up Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? last night and the pages were stuck together from her last little drool fest. Eck!

Even though Morgan has been a super night sleeper, we've been working on moving up her bedtime. For the last couple months we've been consistently putting her to bed between 8:30 and 9pm but we always have to wake her up at 7am to get ready for school. I know she could sleep at least an hour or two more, and I know she needs her sleep, so we are setting our selfishness aside and trying to work on an earlier bedtime routine. It's hard because by the time we both get home from work, we have such limited time to enjoy her at night. But, the better rested she is, the sweeter she is. And somehow that smiling face is making me a morning person. One night, we might even break down and put her to bed unswaddled because two weeks ago, when we woke up in the morning, we saw this:
I'll end this post with a few playtime shots from last Thursday evening. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I'll try to do better next time :)

5 comments:

  1. So happy to see some new pics! I love 'em...especially the first one in her little hat and cute crocheted sweater! ADORABLE! I don't know if I'm doing something wrong though, but when I clicked the videos, it said they are no longer available! =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting for some time for this post too! I like to show everyone at work what my daughter is up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the video and your voice isn't annoying. Stuff like that makes me so emotional because she is growing so fast. I love her to pieces. Thanks for the much needed update. Hope to see all of you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for the pictures and video. she is so darling. i see sophie is always close by in her pictures. i hope i'm feeling better soon so i can come to see everyone. right now i would'nt want to give any of you this crud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll oh and ah over a toy, but nothing for that oh so cute hand knitted sweater? Work with me here.....

    Morgan you are getting so big and are so beautiful. I must say we have the same cheeks. I love you Aunt Nancy.

    ReplyDelete