Monday, September 22, 2008

big fat positive

So, do I have your attention? :)

No, I'm not pregnant again.

But, one year ago today I took this fateful test. A test that turned out to be positive! It was 4am on a Saturday morning and I was feeling...different. I just had an urge to try. Maybe, just maybe, this test would have a better outcome than the previous month. And it did. Of course, not only could I not fall back asleep, I couldn't bear to wake Mark up either. Instead, when I finally decided to get up for the day, I put the test by the television remote. I thought he was bound to see it there. And after getting his morning cereal, he headed right for the couch to watch a little TV. Mark was thrilled! We were giddy with excitement - and it was SO hard not to tell everyone right away. :)

Now, a whole year has passed and our little zygote will be 16 weeks old in a few days. My, how time flies.

I'll post again soon with some photos from last weekend. Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah...got my attention! Can't wait to see pictures from this weekend: Her hanging out with her buddies up north! Sorry we missed it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely got my attention. Couldn't breathe for a minute. You're right, time has gone quickly. It's hard to believe she'll be 4 months old soon. It sure is great having a grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SAW BIG FAT POSITIVE AND I STARTED SCREAMING FOR JIM. I FELT LIKE I WAS WATCHING SNL. WHEN GILDA RADNER SAID ( NEVER MIND ) YOU COULD BE A STAND UP COMEDIAN SISTER. WHEN AND IF IT HAPPENS I THINK I'TS GRRRRRRRRRRRREAT. YOU ARE BOTH FABULIOUS PARENTS.THANKS FOR A GREAT SUNDAY. LOVE YOU ALL. XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete